The CAA Guidelines for Flight Training under Level 2 are at https://www.aviation.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19/guidance-for-aviation-activity-under-covid-19-alert-level-2-restrictions/ .
From the club perspective maintaining physical distancing of 2m in public areas should be achievable and should be adhered to as far as possible. It is impossible to do so in the club aircraft and briefing rooms which are considered ‘controlled areas’ by the club.
Wherever possible, please maintain a minimum distance in the briefing areas of 1m, and when in the aircraft it’s between instructor and student to access the level of PPE required.
The following must strictly be adhered to:
1. Access to the clubhouse must be limited to ten (10) people at any time.
2. A recorded of every person entering the clubhouse must be made and retained on either the supplied paper lists or through the tracing QR code, posted at all entrances.
3. Maintain physical distancing as per the Government’s published COVID-19 guidelines wherever possible.
4. The P.I.C. must record contact details and other relevant information of every person on board a club aircraft in the ‘Remarks’ section of the VOR booking system before every flight to allow robust and quick tracing in the event of infections.
5. Ensure aircraft are wiped down with disinfectant wipes before and after each flight.
6. Remember to maintain good hygiene practices.
Tom van Rooyen | Chief Flight Instructor